December 31, 2010

Reflecting on 2010

This year has been nothing short of amazing for me. That's the word for 2010: Amazing.

Yesterday and this morning I've been thinking back on the year, and forward to next year and set some goals to focus on. But looking back over the year really impressed upon me how amazing it has been. With my camera in the lead, I've had the delight of making many a new friend, witnessing beautiful, intimate, romantic weddings, seeing some really darling little children, and have grown significantly as a photographer. I am so humbled and awed at the life I've been blessed with since allowing photography to become my life's work.

I got to watch my boys each get to do something they've both wanted to do for a long time; Max play soccer and Kadin get into a hip hop dance class. Our little family has grown so much...looking at pictures of the boys from Christmas last year, it is astonishing to see how they've developed. Kadin is just SO BIG, and Max is losing his baby chubbiness so quickly. The way time passes so quickly doesn't seem fair when it comes to your children; there's never really enough time to enjoy them, just the way they are, before the moment moves on and they grow a bit more. One more reason, I am reminded, why pictures are so important. Each little phase they've gone through is immortalized, and I'm so incredibly grateful to be able to look back and be reminded. It's always one of my favorite parts of the year - looking back over the memories we've created, and that I won't ever forget because I have the pictures.

To all of those who stood with me in front of my lens, I say thank YOU. You are the ones who made this year amazing. Without being able to work and play with so many fantastic people, my life really wouldn't feel as rich and full as it does. You all show me that I have creative boundaries and give me the desire to break through them, to push farther, to work harder. You are my muses. It wasn't long ago at all that I felt like I was 'stuck', in a job I hated, in a miserable state of existence, that I had no choice and no chance. So it is important to me to try to live everyday with patience, and eyes and heart wide open to the magic and wonder that is the gift of every moment and every life. In fact, every single day is a gift, (that's why they call it the 'present', yes? :D) and I try to wake up and be aware of it, and grateful for it every morning. And for my clients, who are also a gift, and anyone who reads this blog - you are gifts as well. I mean that wholeheartedly. Everyone who gives support, a gift. And I sincerely, very sincerely, thank YOU. You are all incredible people and I adore you all! To those of you who were in front of my camera, thank you so much for trusting me and for just being plain awesome people! I can't wait to hang out with you again!

So, it is with great pleasure that I wave goodbye to 2010, and welcome 2011 - I'm ready to have my mind and heart blown by an amazing new year!

Here are some random pictures from 2010. Enjoy.





































1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Lexi totally makes that collection!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

© Samantha Renn | Arms Up Photography . Powered by Blogger.