December 28, 2010

Post-Christmas Recovering

I think everyone goes through this: the post-holiday exhaustion. For me it's back to work today, and I was both elated and a little sad. I had such a wonderful holiday with my family and I cherish the time with them so much. But I really love my work, so it feels nice to be back in the saddle.

The boys got a good haul this year, I'd say. All the gifts were pretty much spot on, except for a book series my parents had ordered for Kadin and the geodes that I had suggested for Max (who knew? I thought he'd LOVE smashing rocks with a hammer!).

There was good food everywhere we went and I think I'm officially in a size 6 now, up from my size 4. That will be rectified soon. My sleeping schedule has shifted to a late night/late morning cycle that isn't really conducive to my lifestyle, so I suppose I'll have to start setting the alarm when Kadin goes back to school.

Even though I've got a lingering tiredness, I feel wonderful. My holiday runs from the solstice through New Years, because I lovelovelove New Years. So much hope is wrapped up in that holiday, a chance to assess where you are and change directions if you want to, set new goals, redefine who you are. It's a holiday of second chances... and we all could use one of those, once in a while.

Here are some photos from Christmas. I hope you all had as wonderful a holiday as we did.

Kadin making a bouncy ball with his chemistry kit

Max, dressed as a knight, building a Lego knight

Kadin, my stepmom, my dad, and Max

Max reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear to Dunkin

Max

Kadin displays his card obsession

Dunkin

Me, my dad, and my brother Shaun

Max and presents

My nephews, Joshua and Caleb




Max "helping" my dad open his gift

my Dad and 3 of his grandsons

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Samantha Renn | Arms Up Photography . Powered by Blogger.