November 18, 2010

Adam and Keegan's Wedding

Overcast, cold and windy - that was how the day started at Keegan's parents house as the bridesmaids sat around the dining room table drinking mimosas and folding the programs.

Keegan was getting her updo in order when I arrived. The lucky lady is fortunate to have 2 friends who do hair, so one was working on the Bridesmaids and one was working on Keegan. Some were scattered in the kitchen doing make up, others were at the table doing make up, the bathroom was stuffed with girls doing hair... it was the most jolly general chaos I've ever had the pleasure to witness. 






We stopped at the reception hall to drop off vehicles on the way to the church, and I was able to get a sneak peak at the decorations and snap a few pictures. Everything was either Fall themed, or Marine themed. I already knew that Adam had been in the Marines for a while, but would learn later that the Marine Corps was a huge part of his family. They had a cake for the Bride and Groom, and a cake cutting to celebrate the 235th birthday of the Marines - a Marine in full dress blues cut it with a saber!




But that was after the full Catholic ceremony at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Alton. This majestic building is positively stunning. The entire inside is warm wood, cream walls, blue stained glass... and the service was very touching.






Keegan was choking back tears when Father Nnamdi was discussing his interview with Adam and Keegan about why they wanted to get married. Half the Bridesmaids were too. And everytime I spotted Keegan's mom, she was smiling or laughing. Adam's mom cried and could not wipe the smile from her face. The emotion in those close to Adam and Keegan was palpable and utterly contagious... I admit that even I got teary eyed. These two are so in love - how could you not?




We didn't get many group pictures because of the weather, but the ones we did get were pretty fun. These two had a crazy wedding party, and I really wish I would've had more time with them. They were all so much fun. Keegan and the poor Bridesmaids were freezing though!





Adam and Keegan, your day was so incredibly special. I wish you two the very best and Thank You from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to witness and to photograph your wedding day. You both are amazing and I had a fantastic time with you, both during your Engagement session and your Wedding! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Samantha Renn | Arms Up Photography . Powered by Blogger.