November 21, 2010

Anne and Andy's Engagement Session

Anne contacted me a few weeks ago and told me that her and her fiance Andy are getting married in Mexico in a few months, but hadn't gotten an Engagement Session done. So we put our heads together about locations, and decided to meet at The City Museum on Friday.

I know they do weddings at The City Museum, and I know of a few people who have had photos taken here before, but I had never personally photographed anyone (professionally) there. So I was pretty stoked that the opportunity came up! So many different looks can be accomplished because of the sheer size of the place, and so many ideas came up as we went along. I could have kept them there literally for hours and done hundreds of photos, simply because of my enthusiasm... but we didn't, because we also went out to Laumeier Sculpture Park to do some outdoor photos as well.

Several of these had a very carnival-like feel to them that I fell head over heels for. Some were very urban, others fashionesque, and a few (especially at Laumeier) were earthy and natural. They ended up with a very broad spectrum of looks, and all very different from what they'll get at their wedding in Mexico.

These two were really fun, and really open to suggestions and also had a ton of their own ideas. I love when I'm able to collaborate with my clients, as I feel it's the best of both worlds - they choose me for my photography for my 'style', and yet with their ideas I am able to marry their style into mine. It's a beautiful process and I love when it happens as easily as it did with Anne and Andy.

Here are my favorites from the day.













No comments:

Post a Comment

© Samantha Renn | Arms Up Photography . Powered by Blogger.